Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


This was my Mother's Day card from Jackson this year. He's four and a half and it's the first year he really did the whole thing by himself. Picture 1 is the front, 2 is the inside. He explained that it's a hill, with two flowers and a worm (that's the floating multicolored thing), and me on the top dribbling a basketball. Couldn't have been sweeter.

This Mother's Day was especially awesome because I got some quiet time. Most of the Mother's Days I've had I've either been nursing or pregnant, so this seemed especially mild.

It was also special because Jack understands the concept, and is capable of remembering it for more than 2 minutes straight. He didn't argue when I said I didn't want to get him something because it was Mother's Day and I wanted to sit there doing nothing. He just accepted that, bless his little heart. So I got to lay in the backyard, sun shining and a light breeze blowing. My lilacs smelled awesome.

Several times throughout the day Jack told me Happy Mother's Day, without prompt. That's the best. Something just goes through his little head that reminds him to say things like that. And Ryk did his part - deciding that today was the perfect day to say "home" for the first time.

1 comment:

the fabulous Nikki B said...

Awwwww!

I really like the worm by the way. Though I am not sure if it because of the actual drawing of a worm or the fact that he put a worm on your mother's day card!

Way to get him involved with composting when he is young!