Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hatchling

So I might be hatching a baby robin in my bathroom. And yes, this is one of my bad parenting ideas.

Neighbor Nicki's relative (sister-in-law?) found it on her driveway and Nicki said we needed to heat it up because it was too cold. And we wheeled around to find the heating pad, only it's at MY house because I'm borrowing it for my poor aching back. So I was quickly deputized Saver of the Bird.

I went home and tucked it into a nook in the heating pad - turned on low. Chuck came home and I off-handedly told him that I was hatching a baby bird in our bathroom. He told me I was going to cook it, so I ran in and turned it off and untucked it. And I SWEAR that thing moved when I touched it. I SWEAR it did.

What the heck am I going to do if that thing hatches? Will it call for me? How do you feed a baby bird? The only thing I've ever seen is a mommy bird regurgitating into the baby bird's mouth. No. No no. Crap. I'm going to put it into a basket and leave it on Nicki's doorstep.

No comments: