Monday, May 3, 2010

Fix

You know what Spring does to me? Makes me want to play soccer. I haven't played soccer since college. I was banned after my freshman season because of concussions. I did play intramural my junior or senior year, but that was the last time. And I miss it! There is nothing like a warm spring day, with freshly mowed grass, to get me jonesing for it.

Basketball was always my first sport, but I miss soccer more. I think it's because you can always find a hoop and take shots, but I played goalie in soccer and that's hard to simulate by yourself. Chuck doesn't play soccer, and the kids are wee.

Many of my family would read this and say that I'm not supposed to play soccer, but I think that the period of time you are more susceptible to repeat-concussions HAS to be time-limited, right? RIGHT???

1 comment:

the fabulous Nikki B said...

I'm not going to lie. These past few weeks playing soccer have been phenomenal! It is even better than I remember! And I totally stuffed this guy yesterday- we both went for a ball at the same time and I came away with it and he fell down and everybody laughed at him and it was the best.

There seriously is just this smell that goes along with soccer. It's great.

Do you know what else I like, besides soccer?

The random words that they make me type for word verification before they will post my comments. Like "aefixe."