Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sickness, pyrotechnics, and other random thoughts

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. Our house has come down with some version of the cold/flu for the 3rd time in a month. Jack felt so badly on Saturday that he actually requested that we LEAVE the Mall of America. Blasphemy.

I've had a few random things I wanted to share that Jack has said in the last few days. Here goes:

1) Last week he proudly proclaimed that he learned today at school and when asked, said he learned about fireworks. Sweet. I know he's making reference to bull riding (still - hasn't stopped talking about it), but it made me laugh anyway.

2) He came out the blue to say that we should name the baby Isaac (which is on the list, but hadn't been mentioned to him in awhile). Then he proceeded to name his "babies" (i.e. foam letters and numbers in the bathtub) Isaac as well.

3) He told me the other day that he "helped me get Dadda out of my belly."

4) This morning he asked me if the baby will come out of my belly two times.

5) He asked me last week if he can go back into my belly.

6) On Sunday he wanted me to play in the backyard with him and I was not feeling well - still laying in bed. He repeated his request and I said that I was thinking about it and he said "umm, you just say yes."

Also, he's taken to a form of "dance" that looks unmistakeably like Tai Chi. It's awesome. He was doing it in the driveway over the weekend. I'll try to get a video of it.

Even while spending Mother's Day laying in bed feeling gross, it's still remarkable how lucky I feel to have a son as cute and sweet as Jack, and a husband as cute and sweet as Chuck to share it all with.

No comments: