Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Enlightened

So the last post didn't draw much interest from people. I'll keep checking the comments, so if you have thoughts, be sure to put them up. Otherwise we'll move on.

Yesterday two strange things happened. Not sure if they are related or not.

1) Out of nowhere, while driving home, Jackson started telling me the months of the year in sequence. I had no idea he knew that. Later he sang a song about all of the months - IN SPANISH. Again, no idea. Still later he said "June, July, August, September until my birthday!" Wow. I know they go over the months at daycare, but I have never heard him use the months at all, much less to state them in order, in Spanish, and as a duration of time between today and an upcoming event. I'm bragging - sorry. I was impressed.

2) He stood at the top of the slide on the playground at daycare and shouted "AMEN!" at the top of his lungs over and over again. And that's weird because we don't go to church (typed as I'm ducking lightening bolts).

Did he find religion and the months of the year all in one day? That's got to be a record.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is a lot of enlightenment! So do you think he knows what "amen" means? I would love to hear his definition! Amy