Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So Fresh and So Clean

If anyone is looking for gift ideas (big ones) for a young family, look no further. Give them a cleaning service for a year. This was my mom's present to us for Christmas. It took me forever to actually pick a service and get it all squared away, but we are now the proud owners(?) of professional cleaners.

I joke that the only reason my mom wanted to do that was so her grandbabies didn't have to live in a filthy house, but whatever the reason, this gift was GENIUS.

They will come monthly, and the first visit is a deep cleaning where they get every single nook and cranny, and then go back and get it again. Every subsequent visit is maintenance.

The first cleaning was yesterday. Chuck went home for it so he could let them in, and to make sure Tugboat didn't freak out. He was working on his laptop while they were cleaning, and at one point they kindly told him he might want to step outside, as it was "really dusty" in there. Ouch.

When I got home the difference was immediately noticeable. It smelled better. I could walk around without my shoes and not have fur on my feet. (Gross, I know.) Everything was dusted. The sink was GLEAMING. The kids' rooms were ADORABLE and all the beds were made. My duvet cover and comforter were united. My tub has never looked that good, nor has my shower. And there were no animal or human pawprints ANYWHERE.

I made the kids and Chuck parade around with me oohing and aahing. I clearly am more enthralled with this than they are. It made me SO HAPPY.

So there you have it. If you want to do something HUGE for someone, make their house so fresh and so clean.

2 comments:

KellyM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KellyM said...

LOL...Christmas in June - the best! Working families - two kids (and two animals) can well use something like this! Enjoy! Can't wait to see it!