Monday, June 20, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

...except I'm lucky enough to have several of them. My home sweet home in Bloomington. My home at my mom's house. My home at my aunt and uncle's house. My home at Nicki's. And my home at Carleton.

We had our 10th year reunion at Carleton this past weekend. What an amazing time.

But to back up, I had a huge panic attack Friday morning before Nikki and I left [I have two Ni(c)k(k)is]. I got nervous about the drive down there - that it would take too long and I'd feel sick. I was anxious about being down there and sharing bathrooms (that sends me into panic sometimes). I was nervous that I'd get down there and not feel well and I would have to miss all of the fun stuff. I got nervous that there would be no down-time.

Here's why that is significant - after my Ni(c)k(k)is let me breathe, then calmed me down and forced me into the car, I felt fine. I was fine. We got down to Carleton and all I wanted to do was run around and find people and reconnect and talk to everyone. I just LOVE CARLETON. I love the people. I love the campus. I love the vibe.

Nikki and I did reunion RIGHT this year. We went to a lecture. We spent quality time together. We attempted the class parade - got drenched, but attempted it. We went to Convocation and were able to witness the amazing generosity of other classes (can you say "$7.1 MILLION"????). I had goosebumps. We played trivia. We bought old Carleton gear. We did our class photo, and sat front and center. We had 2 nights-worth of gyro pizza. We sat and had the funniest conversation I will ever have in my entire life. (It's a little sad for me to know that my funniest conversation is over and done-with, but I'll cherish the memories. It's all downhill from here. And for Steph and Nik and Dotty and whoever else might be reading this - Armageddon. Tales from 5th reunion. the Kindle. Banny LaDance. That's what she said.) We danced and stayed up too late.

It was a blast. I was reminded of friends who I have lost touch with, but who are hilarious and awesome.

And if anyone asks - I cured polio. Cure B.

5 comments:

the fabulous Nikki B said...

It was sooooo much fun! And I just laughed at my ass off at your little "we did reunion right this time..." because I FORCED you to go to every single one of those events! Ha! Quote: "Why won't you let me just sit and relax?!?!"

Nicki said...

Bwahhhhh hahahha!!!!! Busted! But you had fun and didn't panic, so WIN! WIN! WIN!! And I still want gyro pizza with a CR on the side, please. ;) And I wasn't even there!

Jamie said...

Lies! Nikki is a liar! Okay, I MIGHT have said that. But the parade was MY idea and the dancing was too! Stop hatin'!

steph said...

Jamie, I love your blog and I love spending time with you. Thank you for being you! :)

Jamie said...

Steph - you too! To all of that - I love YOUR blog and spending time with YOU. It was fantastic!