Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dead Presidents

I've mentioned all along that Jack has an obsession with justice, right and wrong, good people and bad people. He just can't stop talking about it. Case in point - they've been talking about Presidents this month, obviously. I imagine, and maybe I'm wrong here, that many of the kids go home and talk to their parents about the various little tid-bits they learned about the presidents. George Washington had wooden teeth, Abe Lincoln wore a top-hat, Roosevelt was in a wheelchair, etc.

My child? He comes home and leads with the following statement:

"There was that one man and he was riding in a car and doing this (waving) and then a man shot him and he diedid. Where was that man that shot him?"

To which I responded: "Ummm, well I guess it depends who you talk to. Either a building or a grassy knoll."

But that didn't make him stop.

"There was that other man - Abrabram Lincoln - and he was watching TV and then someone came in and shot him."

Me: "Well, not really, he wasn't watching TV...."

I'm trying to be honest and answer his questions, but I kinda don't want to be talking to my 4 year old about death all the time. It's a wee bit creepy.

No comments: