Sunday, January 31, 2010

Song Memories

I'm a sucker for a good song, or even a bad one. And I, like many people, tend to associate certain songs with certain people in my life. Here's a short list of the ones for my family, so I can remember for all time.

Ryker: Corner of the Sky (from Pippin - one of the only songs that will calm him down), the theme song to CBS Sunday Morning (his favorite song ever), Let's Go Crazy (Prince's - he thinks it's HILARIOUS)

Jackson: In My Life (the song that calmed him down when he was a baby), the Muffin Man (forever burned into our brains), Manic Monday & To Be With You (current sing-along favorites)

Chuck: At Last (our wedding song), Fools Rush In (he sung to me the night before our wedding)

I have others, of course. And ones to remind me of family members and friends, or of times in my life. Like a photo album of songs.

4 comments:

Bethk said...

anything NKOTB will forever = best big sister and big "sister" a girl could have!

Jamie said...

Ha ha! I was going to say Bon Jovi and that "When the Children Cry" song about you two!

Coolest people ever said...

Definitely "When the Children Cry," "Wanted Dead or Alive," and the full NKOTB discography. Their Christmas album in particular reminds me of living-room choreography sessions ...

I would also add anything vintage mid-80s Michael Jackson, the theme song to Pee Wee's Playhouse, and "Rum Tum Tugger" or anything else from Cats!

KellyM said...

A mother's work is never done. I was not at the bar with the "kids" the night before Jamie and Chuck's wedding, so I missed Chuck's great singing. All these years I've thought it was a certain song - and was saddened to read Jamie's blog post naming it as "Fools Rush In"... another song I know from the 60s. (Ugh. Never really liked that song.) But after asking her about it this morning, we both found out that the name of the song Chuck sang that night was "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" (an old Elvis hit that's great!...and which is what I had thought it was all this time!). Whew! Glad we got THAT straightened out! :)