Monday, February 22, 2010

Love Letters - Ryker

Dear Ryker,

You, at 19 months, are the cuddliest little kid I have ever know. You give the most fantastic hugs! And you love giving kisses (which makes me nervous for your teenage years). I generally hate getting up in the morning, but walking into your room and getting my Ryker Hug makes it all better. Your teachers say that you are like that for them too, brightening their days and doling out hugs and kisses to your classmates.

You are sweet and hilarious and intent. You love to make people laugh and will go to great lengths to please. You are learning so much and are so proud when you say a new word, or when we finally understand the words you've been saying to us! You are fearless and will try anything, especially if Jack is doing it first.

And you LOVE Jack. The bond you two share is adorable. Daddy and I often sit back and watch you two, and we can't stop grinning. You want to hug him. You want to play with him. You follow him around. When he's in a timeout, you grab my hand and lead me to the door, babble-demanding that I release him immediately. When he went to the neighbor's house without you, you stood in the driveway pointing at their house for 5 straight minutes.

I cannot imagine our lives without you. We are all better people for having you in our family. We love you.

1 comment:

KellyM said...

Indeed! What a loving little boy he is! Just happy and smiley! Love the way he has different intonations with the word "ma" - and they mean different people! (of course I'm his loudest, screaming version of MA!!!) We're still a long way from "Grandmommy"!