Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Farm Babies

We've had a great week! I'll have to do the recap in 2 posts because there's too much excitement for one post.

First, Grandmommy came up and we went to see the Farm Babies at the MN Zoo. I don't have the pictures on my computer, but I'll post them once I do. It was 65 degrees or something - amazing for Minnesota! Jack had a blast - keeps changing his answer about what was his favorite. So far he's named the baby goat, the cows, the baby cows, the pigs, the tractor, and the baby chickens.

The chicks (which he got to pet) seem to have made the biggest impression on him. He's been cutting the re-introduced construction paper into small pieces, coloring them with red circles, and carrying them carefully over to me saying they are baby chicks and that I'm supposed to "pet their backs."

This visit was much improved over last year's, when he was banned from petting the baby bunnies because he was either hitting them or pulling on their fur, I can't remember (and both are feasible). He was much better this time. The journey came to an end when he started demanding multiple bags of fruit snacks, which has become his signal that he's ready for a nap.

Jack has been saying ever since that he wants farm babies. I hope he isn't serious.

No comments: