Monday, May 2, 2011

Random Tidbits

I seem incapable of stringing together coherent stories.

1. Jack wanted to get his hair shaved off. I let him. His rationale? His previous faux hawk left hair on the top half of his forehead - and no freckles were there. He said he wanted the hair gone so he could have freckles all over. SO CUTE.

2. I had Ryker help me garden over the weekend. We have tall grasses and I told him that we needed to take the dead grass off the top so the little baby grasses could see the sun. He thought about that while he helped, then announced that his baby was coming. I asked who his baby was and he said "John Legend." Then for thirty minutes we gardened and he told me all about Baby John Legend, who apparently is going to land on the roof and then JUMP JUMP JUMP and JUMP down and then land in the grasses, and he needs a big crib because he can climb all over. And he eats mac n cheese. This morning he was eating and goes "where IS my baby John Legend?" and looked all around him.

3. If you read Facebook or Twitter you'll know this already, but this morning I left the boys watching Scooby Doo, via Netflix. Our remotes and crazy sound system are hard to navigate through. Really, really hard to navigate through. I thought it was fine. I went into the bathroom to get ready. When I came into the bedroom again, I did not hear Scooby Doo. Instead, I heard a news correspondent. I came into the living room to find that they had turned off Netflix, turned on our satellite, and were watching Wolf Blitzer explain that bin Laden was dead.

4. Ryker has been experimenting with independence. Most children do that at his age - and they show it by going to the bathroom by themselves, trying to dress themselves, etc. Ryker took it a bit further. While we all sat at the neighbors' house, Ryker took it upon himself to go back to our house, let himself in, grab some DVDs and a pad of paper, and bring them back to Nicki's. I scolded him. He did it again, this time retrieving an energy bar. Like he needs more energy.

5. My favorite of Ryker's new pronunciations:
--"dee-vee-dee-vees" (DVDs)
--"Scooby Doobie" (Scooby Doo)
--"Pickle Me" (Despicable Me)
--"I no yike you." (I don't like you. -- And yes, we hear this.)

6. Jack wants us to write notes and put them in an envelope he made. He taped it to the wall with a pen attached to it. He said that when the envelope gets full, we'll take it off the wall and give it to a child who is not behaving. I was with him until that part. I asked what we are supposed to write and he said "like 'BEHAVE' or 'We don't hit'." Ha.

Never a dull moment.

No comments: