Thursday, May 5, 2011

Crickets

I just signed Jackson up for his first art class at the museum. I've been dying to do this but he wasn't old enough. He gets to come here for three hours a day, every day, for one week in July. We'll get him up here at lunch and then I can take him home with me. His class? Crazy About Crickets. "Let's take a journey to China, where crickets have been kept as pets for thousands of years. We'll take on a cricket's persona and illustrate a "day-in-the-life" story, telling about its adventures inside the museum."

How cute is that?

So he gets to go up in the galleries and look at art related to crickets, and then come down to the studios and make his own pet cage filled with clay crickets! He's apparently also going to illustrate poems he has written about bugs in a Chinese style. Ha! Good luck to the teachers with that one.

Anyway, I'm pumped. It's not until July. I can't wait!

1 comment:

the fabulous Nikki B said...

Dude! I want to take that class!