Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Infant or a Drop-Leaf Table

One of my coworkers has dubbed me The Most Baby-Crazed Person Who Does Not Want a Baby that she knows.

It's true.

I honestly do NOT want a baby. I'm done with being pregnant, being up at all hours, and being permanently attached to another human being. Our two boys keep us running enough, thank you very much. Plus I don't feel like moving into a zone defense. I made a living, while playing basketball, at finding the holes in zone defenses and exploiting them. (Follow that, all you non-sportos?) I'm not really in the mood to perpetually have one of my children find themselves "open."

What I want is to hug babies up until they begin to cry or need a diaper changed or start talking-back. Then I want to hand them off to their proper caregiver.

I also need something NEW. I'm nesting, for no good reason. I am cleaning and purging and organizing and threatening to paint several of the rooms in the house. I told Chuck that instead of a baby, I'd take a four new bar stools and a dining set.

Is that black-mail? Threatening your husband with another child, or at the very least a whiny baby-crazed wife, if he does not buy you new home furnishings?

No comments: