Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Venting

I need to vent.

It's hard to be a good mom to two young, willful boys.

It's hard to be a good wife all the time through a stressful year.

It's hard to try to get back into shape and make time for the gym.

It's hard to work a full-time job that frequently requires (unpaid) overtime.

It's hard to volunteer my time, and not even do as much as I want to do.

It's hard to keep the house clean, the kids clean, and me clean.

It's hard to make time to see friends as often as I'd like.

It's hard to work on my anxiety issues every single day.

Whew. Decent list. I wish I was doing a better job at every last one of those items. I get frustrated when I feel like I'm doing those things only moderately well.

But what is harder than each the things above is knowing that others are doing them all by themselves, with no support network. And so I vent and then I get over it and stop feeing sorry for myself, and then I thank all of you for being such good friends and family (or total strangers, maybe, but whatever - I thank you too).

3 comments:

KellyM said...

Dear Jamie,

I think you left one of those "It's hard to" things out.

When you are right in the middle of so much it's hard to see that you are doing a really good job - your absolute best - at each of those things you list.

Remember, your only "charge" in life is to do the absolute best you can at any given time. When you look back, if you can say you did that, then you'll know you were successful. That's all anyone can do - your best. I'm very proud of your best. Keep up the good work!

Love,
Mommy

Jim said...

She's right Jamie!

Ms. Kay

Oh and Kelly will you be my Mom?

KellyM said...

Gee, Ms Kay - Of course! Any time! I thought we were already related as part of the Chrysalis family! LOL ... Am I the Mom?