Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jack Jokes

Jack has really taken to joke-telling. His sense of humor is really, really odd sometimes. (Forgive me if I've noted some of these before - I'm too lazy to go check on previous posts.)

His old standby was as follows:

Q: Why did the cookie go to the doctor?
A: Because he was feeling kinda crumby.

Then he moved on to the following, coming out of one of his books:

One old dinosaur: "I'm old and sore."
Other dinosaur: "I've never heard of an oldensaur."

He was so enamored with that one that he named his stuffed gorilla "oldensaur."

The same book produced his favorite line:

"You're too smalls to be my meatballs."

Then a joke out of another book:

Q: Where does the king keep his armies?
A: In his sleevies.

This one had me a little worried. I read that part to him and he laughed so hard that no sound was coming out, his face turned red and his one dimple - high, high up on his right cheek - totally sunk into his face. Once he regained the ability to talk, he made me practice the joke with him so he could tell it to his friends at school.

Then last night he busted out a new one:

Q: How many "pwirrels" (squirrels) does it take to change a lightbulb?

I was THRILLED that we were moving into new genres of joke telling, and eagerly awaited his response.

A: 98


That was it. He sat laughing and laughing and laughing and I sat bewildered, wondering if my 5 year old was telling me a joke that was above my humor-intelligence-quotient.

1 comment:

the fabulous Nikki B said...

What disturbs me more is that I know where the squirrel joke stemmed from...

Sponge Bob! That evil yellow blob that lives in the sea. That was one of the jokes he tells, but I don't think that was the punch line!

Then again, it might have been, seeing as how it IS the stupidest show ever. Just sayin'.