Monday, January 25, 2010

Up

We have been watching a lot of the movie "Up" at our house since Christmas. Ryker has taken to grabbing the remote, pointing it at the TV and yelling at us until we turn it on.

Chuck and I like to quote the funny lines. Our favorites:
  • "I can smell you."
  • "I have just met you and I love you."
  • "I do ever so much want the ball."
  • "I would be happy if you stop."
  • "Hey, that is a bird. I have not seen one up close, but this is a bird."
  • "I am warning you bird...I am jumping on you now bird."
  • "His fool's errand will keep him most occupied most occupied indeed."
  • "Why's he with that small mailman?"
  • "Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, 'I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead.' Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead."
Okay, I could go on and on. It's just so darn funny. But only to the people who have seen it. The rest of you are bored out of your minds.

Jackson also thinks it's funny, but the lines he likes to quote are a bit, umm, different and not, well, the actual lines. Here are his versions, with the real words in quotes:
  • "There are no tigers in South America. Newology." (Zoology)
  • "Who's Cabin?" (Kevin)
  • "They called me a frog." (fraud)
Ryker just really, really likes the bobbies (balloons). While we are saying the lines along with the movie, he just keeps saying "Bobbie!" and giggling.

2 comments:

Rachael Walker said...

I agree. I totally loved the movie and laughed out loud at Doug. My favorite was "I just met you and I love you." Claudia, however, did not love the movie after she saw Kevin get taken away. She started bawling uncontrollably and couldn't keep watching it.

Bethk said...

I love, love, LOVE that movie.

Squirrel!