Friday, January 29, 2010

My Shadow

Last night I was explaining to Jack that our new routine is going to be that I'll come home with the kids, get them dinner. Then Daddy will come home and Mommy will get to work out (either in the house or go running (?!) or biking or something). I wanted him to understand this plan. I knew he'd be a little upset at not being able to bother me while I was working out.

So to make things a bit more enticing, I said "Well, maybe tonight we could ask Daddy if he would give you a bath!" Baths are not an every day occurrence (don't judge), so this was exciting, as evidenced by Jack's new exclamation...

"What the...??!!"

Yes, he says that. Great. And how to you explain to a kid that they shouldn't really say that because when Mommy and Daddy say it, we're saying it so that we can leave out the swear word?

Anyway, I did get to work out, but Jack had a VERY hard time leaving me alone. He kept coming out to tell me things. Then he said he wanted to do yoga with me. I tried to give him one to do and he kept stumbling towards me, regaining his balance, and trying the pose right in front of me. It was adorable. I like my little shadow.

No comments: