Friday, January 22, 2010

Blog Fever

I have blog fever. Sometimes I neglect the blog, I know. Sometimes I think that I should post something but I can't think of any stories. And mostly this is a blog to keep family up to date on the kids. But sometimes I read other blogs and decide that I really just want to write. About anything. Or nothing. And sometimes I spend all day writing acknowledgments for works of art (sans an art degree - try doing that sometime - it's HARD). And on those days (today) I just REALLY want to write something that doesn't include the the words "exquisite" or "iconic" or "aestheticism" or "interlacing ornamentation." Sometimes I want to write in incomplete sentences. Yes. And not about the kids. Or both.

So what is on my mind? Mostly just getting my head on straight. I have fallen off course a bit, but I'm getting back on. I had one of the first moments in my life where I thought "the Universe is telling me something" the other day. And after awhile - and some help from my awesome neighbor Nicki, who might be reading this now and whose blog got me wanting to write more on mine - I understood clear as day what the lesson was. It was a pretty powerful moment. And it led to me talking to my therapist (Dr. Tom - I don't think I've mentioned him on here - he's the anxiety doctor and deserves a post all to himself) about it. And without getting into it all here, I am confident I'm going to be a better wife, mother, friend, daughter, cousin, niece, (I seriously wrote "nephew" right here and had to delete it) and colleague for taking this lesson in and working on it.

There you have it. And take this post as a warning that this blog might take on a slightly more personal tone, so I apologize if you normally just come here to check in on the kids. They'll get plenty of mentions/posts too, for sure, but you might have to sift through some more of my ramblings to get to them.

No comments: