Monday, April 6, 2009

Poem

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are very healthy (and don't have Cystic Fibrosis or thyroid problems or anemia)
And Ryker is too.


Test results looked perfectly normal.

And now I can rat myself out - as I told several of you I would. So the pediatrician told us NOT to look up Cystic Fibrosis under any circumstance. She made that very clear. And I didn't!

For a whole 3 hours I didn't look it up! Then I did.

They say one of the symptoms is that the baby's skin tastes salty, and their sweat tastes even saltier. So I licked my baby. Over and over and over. I licked his face, his arm, his chin, his shoulder. I made him sweat and licked that. Poor Ryker has been my personal salt lick for the last week. And he wasn't salty. Not once. So the test result really just confirmed my own very scientific findings. But it's nice to know the wacky doctors and their highfalutin tests say the same thing.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts.

5 comments:

Coolest people ever said...

Great news!!!

BJ & Charlie said...

Outstanding news! We are so glad to hear this.

Grandmommy said...

Okay...I left one comment but it hasn't shown yet. Of course it's THE best news!...give that boy a huge hug for being "normal" (whatever THAT is!)! :)

Also, you did exactly what any sensible parent would do (the lick test). And because of it, we actually knew the results days ago! Good work, Jamie! You beat out medical science!

Rachael Walker said...

Wonderful news!! Can I lick Ryker when I see him next? :)

Amy said...

That's great Jamie! You did what any sensible parent would have done. I am so glad he is okay!