Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Dreamed a Dream

I'm not sure what this says about me, but last night I had a dream that Barack Obama was chilling in our living room.

He was wearing those black nylon workout pants and gray t-shirt that they always show him in and he was just lounging on our couch. I was really nervous about how to talk to him, but he was very funny and easy-going.

I told him he should rest because he probably doesn't get to do that very often. He told me that he'd take a bowl of ice cream and a blanket if I had them. I rushed into the kitchen and found that I had the end of a pint of Ben and Jerry's. I told him that he's lucky that he's Barack Obama because otherwise I'd never give the last of my ice cream away. I gave him the bowl of ice cream and then was faced with a dilemma. He wanted a blanket and I had two. One was a small fleece blanket that I worried was maybe too small - more of a "throw" or whatever. The other was my beloved Slanket, about which I endure endless teasing from everyone who knows I have one (except Beth, who gave it to me). I opted for the small fleece one because I couldn't handle the thought of President Obama doubling over in hysterics at my precious Slanket. I tossed it over his legs and handed the bowl of ice cream over, and he settled in.

I believe others were in the room too - I think Chuck was there and I'm pretty sure my mom was sitting behind the couch at the dining room table - which we refer to as the Play-Doh table because that's all we ever use it for. I told my mom that this morning and she replied "because of course I'd be playing with Play-Doh while the president sat in your living room."

5 comments:

Coolest people ever said...

I had an Obama dream last week! The details are faded now, but I remember I was supposed to be advising him about something and was nervous I would say something stupid. Then he took a break in my kitchen (some other kitchen but it was mine in the dream). Wish I could remember more of it!

Bethk said...

hahaha, your mom's comment is hilarious. also the slanket rules, they are just secretly jealous!

Grandmommy said...

OF COURSE I'd opt to play with play-doh with Jackson instead of chilling with Barack! (At least I'll put that here in print where Jackson can read it in years to come!)

Unknown said...

Jamie! This was your Obama dream! Remember in February I had mine and we talked about how people are having dreams about him and not Bush? It's a good sign that this fab man is showing up in our dreams, I think.

Anonymous said...

Surely I was there, too....maybe taking pictures of the ice cream eating potus!!! Let me know the next time he comes....I'll pick your mom up and be right over!! :)