Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dearest Ryker

My Dearest Little Baby,

I am so proud of you. You have conquered many things in the last few weeks. You can crawl. You can point. You can babble "Mama" and "Dada" and "baaaa baaaa" (for ball, we think). You have been able to clap and wave for awhile, but you are doing it better and in more appropriate situations.

Here is one thing you HAVEN'T mastered. Sleeping. You are not a very good sleeper. I don't mean to focus on your weakness, but I'm going to for a second. You want to work on your new talents so much that you forfeit sleep for practice time. But here's the thing - it does NOT make you better at them. Your clap gets lazy - you miss and hit yourself in the face. You accidentally poke yourself in the eye instead of pointing at your face. You slur your words - "mada babababa" doesn't even make sense.

I'm trying to understand where you are coming from, but it's hard. I don't get so excited by new talents that I can't sleep. Actually, I don't really have new talents so I don't know what that would be like. Maybe I'll try to conquer something new and see what happens. I've never been able to whistle - maybe if I learn, then I'll fight off sleep too. I kind of doubt it.

In any event, please try to get some sleep. Your talents will still be there, and your Mama and Dada will be well rested and ready to enjoy them more.

Lovingly,

Mama

P.S. These aren't the best videos of your babbling, but it's something.

No comments: