Monday, April 6, 2009

Best Answer

Jack came in and out of our room ALL NIGHT last night. I'm not kidding - ALL NIGHT. So this morning we were pretty irritated with him and we were harassing him about it, Spanish Inquisition style...

Chuck: "Jackson - you keep coming into our room at night."
Jack: "......"
C: "It's really making us frustrated because we just need to sleep."
J: "...."
C: "So you need to sleep. For real!"
J: "Oooo-kaaaayyyy."
C: "We're not playing around Jack. Why do you come in to our room? Why do you do that? What's your answer????"
J: "Sprinkles."

He said it totally straight-faced. Like that was clear as day. Chuck had to turn around and face me because he was laughing so hard.

My reaction was one of jealously. I wish I could answer like that. For instance, I just made a huge blunder at work and I'm likely to have to talk about it today. And when they say "You just can't mess up like that" I want to say "Ooooo-kaaaayyy." And when they press me for an answer as to why it happened? "Sprinkles."

No comments: