Sunday, June 1, 2008

Nursery update

*Note - I have updated our Flickr photostream to include 2 new sets - the first is Seuss Nursery and the second is Flowers & Hail. The hail ones were taken last night during the worst hail storm Chuck and I have ever seen - it was nuts. Anyway, check them both out!
I haven't been very good about updates on the nursery, so here goes.

A long time ago in a place far far away (St. Louis) two families became such good friends that their grandchildren would believe for most of their childhoods that they were actually related. The two granddaughters, not having seen eachother for most of their lives, both ended up living in the Twin Cities. I am one of the granddaughters, obviously.
As I started thinking about what to do for our nursery, my mom brought up the fact that Marianne, the other granddaughter, lived up here and happened to do murals as a hobby. We got in contact and a few months later, as I'm writing this, Marianne is in the nursery putting up a Dr. Seuss mural. I can't decide which is more fun - the mural or the reminiscing and piecing together of family histories.
We picked "Oh the Places You'll Go" as our theme. It's gorgeous and we love it.
Here's Marianne a few seconds ago, painting away. For other pictures, check out our Flickr link to the right.

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG - that mural is amazing!! I cant wait to see it in person - it looks incredible!