Friday, April 9, 2010

Shiner

Somebody tell me my baby is going to be fine! Okay, okay, I KNOW he'll be fine. But he has the hugest shiner I've ever seen on a child.

He took a face-plant off the Hayes' tire swing, was walked inside by CJ (adorable) and appeared to just have a decent scrape on his cheek. But he was BAWLING. So sad. So we went home, I cleaned it and put Neosporin on the scrape, and a gigantic bandaid across his face. He ran straight to his room and shut the door. I went in and he was crying saying he didn't want me in there. He was laying on his bed, so I left him. But I went back quickly and he wanted me there. So I laid down with him. I had him mostly quiet and then Daddy came in see how he was, and he promptly burst into tears again. I got him quiet again and he fell fast asleep. Didn't even notice when I got up to leave. I went back in to make him get up to eat something. We could only get him to agree to apple pie, but hey, we just wanted him to have something in his tummy.

He only ate half, and as he was eating, the underside of his right eye got puffier and puffier. He would cry a bit, eat a tiny bite, cry a bit more. I sat with him then on the couch, holding one of Ryker's old teething rings (the cold kind) to his face. Poor guy. Chuck carried him back to his room, gave him Tylenol, and we propped his head up with another pillow. He's fast asleep in the clothes he wore to school (sweats, luckily).

I feel so bad! Poor boy. Chuck thinks it'll be fine tomorrow morning. I'm not so sure.

No comments: