Monday, March 29, 2010

Julie McCoy - Cruise Director

Okay, do any of you know who that is? I didn't. I planned a happy hour (yes, ANOTHER one, two weeks running) for work and my friend called me Julie. It made me wonder if she had forgotten my name, and HOW would that happen?, and yes it's her birthday but she's not THAT old! But while I was pondering all of that she explained to me that that was a cruise director. I still don't get it, but whatever.

Anyway, this relates to my family. I promise.

So I think Jack is our family's Julie McCoy. He is already planning his birthday - a full six months in advance and I have to repeat the guest list to him every day to prove to him that I still remember it. And he told me last week that everyone can be here, but anyone that wants to go into his room needs to pay a quarter. And that sounds kinda troubling coming from a four year old. I didn't ask follow-up questions.

Also, every night we have to have a "dance party" in his room. Sometimes it's a "singing party," although I have yet to figure out the difference. Tonight's dance party consisted of Ryker and me sitting on Jack's bed playing on the Magnadoodle and coloring, respectively. Jack got to pick the music, and every once in awhile he'd get a very serious look on his face, and then he's start doing a VERY slow version of ballet steps.

He's completely adorable.

2 comments:

KellyM said...

Can't wait to get back to the dance/singing parties - even if they cost a quarter!

I can believe you didn't know Julie McCoy's name - we didn't really watch that show even in reruns (I couldn't stand it!). But now I'm sitting here wondering how I recognized it as soon as I read it in your post - and I DID! Funny!

the fabulous Nikki B said...

I forgot to tell you... the other day I asked my sister if she knew who Julie McCoy was and she was like, "Of course!" as if that was just common knowledge!