Thursday, March 12, 2009

Things Chuck Fixed

My writing has been reduced to lists. I think it's a workers' comp issue - too many spreadsheets makes me incapable of thinking in complete sentences.

My list for today:

Things That Chuck Fixed (Subtitle = And That Made Him the Coolest Person on Earth to Both Me and Jack, and that No One Else Will Care About But I Feel the Need to Praise Him For):
  • Rigged a gigantic antennae from our attic across the ceiling and to our TV in the living room
  • Took apart my old tubing from my pump and made new ones
  • Put wheels on Jack's train table
  • Fixed up an old snowblower so we have one without buying it
  • Batteries - okay so this isn't technically "fixing" but Jack is thrilled that Daddy can make his flashlight work over and over again
  • Planed the bottom of the doors to the kids' rooms so they don't make as much noise
  • Fixed all of our plants - he "fixed" them by becoming a worm farmer (I can provide details to anyone who wants to know them - the rest of us can just collectively say "eeewww")
  • Installed Ryker's carpet
  • Fixed our fence after it blew down in a storm
  • Fixed our lawn every time we ruin it (which is every summer)
  • Rigged an extension cord out to our table in the backyard so it has purdy lights at night
  • Put up a new fence to keep Tugboat in her part of the yard
  • Built a workbench in the garage
  • Built a rack for our firewood out of old fence parts

In writing this list I realized that most of our probortunities (as we called them in a previous job) are related to lawns and fences; and that the solutions frequently involve wood and worms. It's the Cycle of Life or something - he's certainly the center of ours.

No comments: