Monday, March 16, 2009

Developing Musical Tastes

For the longest time Jack would only listen to "Kids Singing" in the car - a CD of the African Children's Choir. Then he branched out a few weeks ago, allowing us to listen to "Avery's CD" (thanks Sara and Avery!). Then this conversation happened:

(In the car on the way home from school, after we'd listened to both Avery's CD and Kids Singing...)

Jack: "Momma, can I have the Kids Dat Come Around the Block please?"
Momma: "I don't know what you mean."
J: "Ummm....dose kids from around the block."
M: "Do you mean "The New Kids on the Block?"
J: "Yeah!!"
M: "Ummm, okay, I guess."
(I fumble around with the disc changer, finding the mix CD that Beth made Christi and me one Christmas - which starts with Step By Step by NKOTB. We listen to a few bars and then we're home.)
J: (mumbling to himself as he's getting out of the car) "Step by step....oooh baybee..."

3 comments:

Coolest people ever said...

I am so dying right now. That is hilarious! All I have to say: Joey better be his favorite! That's the true measure of good taste.

Bethk said...

That is HILARIOUS!! I love it and am so proud. I bet Chuck loves it the most.

Anonymous said...

Please don't ask me to take him to their concert.