Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Trading Places

Do you ever wonder what it would be like if your day was more like your child's?

If my day was like Jack's today I would have watched Sesame Street before work. I would have yelled "NO!" when asked to put on my jacket this morning, and then someone would have helped me put it on anyway and kissed me goodbye. I would have had a 5 point harness in the car and sucked my thumb the whole way to work. I would have done a good job with part of my day and been praised -- and I would have had problems listening to my superiors during another part of my day. For that, I would have been kept inside while all of my coworkers got to run around outside. Around 12:30 pm I would have laid down in my office with a pillow and blanket and taken an hour and a half nap. My brother would have been with me all day.

At the end of my day, I would have left with a note saying how my day went:

Name: Jamie's Special Activities Today
Today I ate Jimmy Johns sandwich and yogurt
I ate all _X_ most ___ I tried ___
Today I: napped _X_ rested ___
Other activities I did today:
Group Operations Meeting
Art Drew tiny circles for seating chart for event
Large Motor Replaced department's Culligan Water jug
Small Motor Writing with a pen
Math/Science Budgets
Other Event verbal walk-through
____2.17____
Today's Date

I would have gone home and had a snack, then danced around the living room for half an hour to "Roll Call" from the Thomas and Friends website. I would have moved my peas from my dinner plate onto the counter, then thrown one at Chuck when he wasn't looking. Now I would be wearing fleece footie pajamas and Chuck would be reading to me, then tucking me into my race car bed for the night. And the biggest thing on my mind right now would be what socks I will wear for Silly Sock Day at work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Bethk said...

I *love* this blog entry, I was smiling the whole time I was reading it! For a second I was like, wow, they make Jack change the water cooler? Even I can't do that. I empty half of it onto the wall before I get it in. It must be that Wii fit!

Such a cute way to look at your day, I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this and can't wait to hear what silly socks you wear tomorrow.

Jamie said...

I was really tempted to wear striped socks to work. Instead I have on knee-high cream ones, which is sort of silly, but you can't see them because they are under my boots. But Jack's in mismatched socks (that's as silly as his sock collection gets right now) and Ryker's in knee-high aqua blue and white striped ones - with his pants tucked in to them.