Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Legend of John Millman

Jackson and I spend a lot of time sitting in the same place, whether it be in the car, in the bathroom or at the breakfast table. During this time, we often read books, listen to music or drive places and Jackson talks.

One thing that Jackson talks about is John Millman. Like many other legendary figures in our history, no one is really sure where John Millman came from but he is responsible for an incredible number of things.

Here is what John Millman has accomplished so far:
  • Authoring nearly every book we own
  • Composing and performing every song we hear
  • Building and fixing homes, likely all of them
  • And if we aren't sure who did something, its John Millman

How does John Millman do all of these things? He has five arms, obviously. With those five arms, he has five thumbs. Where does John Millman live? St. Joesph's Home for Children, of course. These are statements of fact that are not up for discussion.

When John Millman is mentioned, it brings great joy to Jackson as he has a good laugh and smiles. It is clear that John Millman is a great and noble man.

And so goes the legend of John Millman...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S what he has meant all this time!!! I couldn't ever understand what he was saying because it wasn't a name I "knew"!...I always tried to match it with something I knew and it didn't work! LOL...Thanks for filling me in! Now I can participate in that conversation with him instead of just saying "Oh!...good!" like I always do!

Rachael Walker said...

Do you think that someone could hire John Millman? We could sure use an accomplished man like that to help with the basement construction!

Jamie said...

I can definitely ask. Also, he's now married to a woman. Her name?

John Millman.

So there's two of them now. They're multiplying, and I think that they'll all need jobs.