Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Supervision

We're a little lax with the supervision right now. Case in point:

This morning I put Ryker in the swing but didn't turn it on and didn't buckle him in. (Does any story end well that starts with that sort of line?) I heard Jack out there talking to Ryker and thought everything was fine until I heard a sort of grunting sound.

Me: "Jack - what are you doing out there?"
Jack: "Just helping Baby Ryker sit up."
Me: "Oh, okay."

Then I realized that no, that wasn't okay and so I sprinted out there. I found Jackson holding Ryker in a sitting position, only Ryker was on the floor under the swing and the swing was resting on Ryker's back, like Jack had just slid him out of the swing and onto the floor. I tried to stay calm and praise Jack for how well he was holding his brother, while at the same time picking Chuck's jaw up off the floor as he re-entered the house from the garage and saw this scene. Then I tried to explain to Jack that he really needs Momma or Daddy to help if he's planning to move Ryker anywhere.

Poor baby.

Maybe it's time to cave in to my brother's request that our house be outfitted with cameras so we can each monitor what the others are doing.

1 comment:

Coolest people ever said...

Reminds me of a time when Buster was about six weeks old and Kaya was three -- I heard a strange choking/gagging sound and ran across the room to find Kaya feeding him blueberries. BLUEBERRIES. She was just trying to help!

Don't worry, the attempted helping will stop in a few years.