Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Decade Gone

This is probably only interesting to me, but I got thinking last night about all the things that have happened in the last 10 years. Time really flies.

A List of Things from the Last Decade of My Life:

Months out the last 10 years I WASN'T in a relationship with Chuck = 3 (I met him 3 months after my 20th birthday)

Years I was in school = 2.5

Number of grad schools I was accepted to and decided not to attend = 3 (2 for elementary education and 1 for public policy)

Number of times I moved my belongings = 8
[Third Sevy Quint my 2nd year at Carleton - to St. Louis - to a triple on Third Sevy - to a house in Northfield - to Hager House - to Goodsell (another house at Carleton - I moved rooms in there but I won't count that) - to an apartment in Bloomington, MN - to a house in Richfield, MN - and finally to our house in Bloomington, MN]

Number of concussions = 0 (this is only significant if you knew the decade previous to the last one - where I had 6)

Months I was pregnant = 20 (9 months is a myth, by the way)

Children = 2 (obvious, but I had to put it in here)

Pets I have known (some gone now) = Lester T, Rebel, Reese, Yuki, Tugboat, Norman

Jobs I have had = 13 (yikes!)
(Arena Theater worker, NYSP camp counselor, basketball camp counselor, Student Coach for Women's Basketball, Resident Lighting Designer for Semaphore Dance Company, Carleton Admissions worker, another stint as basketball camp counselor, substitute teacher and sub coordinator, HR at Wells Fargo, customer relations at Big Brothers Big Sisters, recruiter at Big Brothers Big Sisters, individual giving at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and finally donor relations at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts)

I am so lucky to have the friends and family that I have, to have avoided hitting my head even while continuing to play sports, and to be able to laugh every day. I'm so excited to see what the next 10 years will bring - Jackson will be 13, Ryker 10 - who knows what shenanigans we will have gotten into by then. I can't wait.

6 comments:

Bethk said...

Wow! Very cool. Happy 30th Jamie, here is to another fabulous decade! Love you!

Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, JAM. May the decade ahead only be limited by ways you want it to be. And let's hope the number of moves goes WAY down...now that you're in your perfect home! I love you, Mommy

Coolest people ever said...

I think I have you beat on the moves. I'll have to add it up sometime for a good laugh.

Nice decade recap! Happy birthday!

Leann said...

Happy Birthday! Your blog is really lovely :-)

Amy said...

Happy b-day Jamie. Your post totally made me nostalgic, and a little weepy - and I didnt even know you back then - How funny is that?