Saturday, August 30, 2008

Things I Love

Things I love right now about Jackson:

1. How excited he is about the "fixermen" and "big ha-chines" on our road.
2. His repeated phrase - "What gonna haaaa-pen?". You have to hear this one to fully understand.
3. The fact that he wouldn't let me come play with him at the park the other day until I fixed the brakes on Ryker's stroller so he wouldn't roll away.
4. How long his eyelashes are, and how big and blue his eyes are.

5. The fact that he wants to know what everyone's favorites are, not just his.
6. How cute he looks in his "undie bundies" and how proud he is to be wearing them.
7. His desire to play with all the older kids at the park, even when he's a little intimidated.
8. How he "stands to pee" at daycare. They have a tiny toilet so he strips and then waddles over the top of it until he can pee straight down.
9. This one has made the list before, but how he calls one of his block toys "Owakabama's Michelle."
10. That he gives me big hugs when we read and says "Mom - I wuv you." Totally unprovoked, and ridiculously sweet.

Things I love right now about Ryker:

1. When he takes a nap on me.
2. His hair - which is turning red.
3. Seeing people's reactions to his name ("Say it again?"..."Is that a family name?"...)
4. How effective the Mute Button is on him.

5. How he stretches when you take him out of his swaddle in the morning.
6. How he smiles so big sometimes that he has to squint his eyes, and how he makes me smile so big in return that MY eyes squint.
7. How hard he is trying to find his thumb.
8. How he follows Jack's sounds no matter where he is in the room, and gets calm when Jack holds him.
9. How he keeps his fists high, chin down and is ready for a fight. So intimidating.
10. Cooing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to be with both of them (and you and Chuck!) TOMORROW!!! They are both the world's sweetest, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

My fav was when Ryan, Jackson and I were getting the new castle attachment and Jack got up in one of the displays playing with a new friend and got stuck and I hear...grandpaaa, I neeeed you! So cute!

Coolest people ever said...

I LOVE the first-thing-out-of-the-swaddle full-body stretch ... the one where their legs pull up and chest arcs out? One of the cutest things ever.

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!