Monday, August 18, 2008

Strange Tastes

I've been noticing things that make babies really happy that would have the absolute opposite effect on me. Here's my list so far - feel free to add any I've forgotten.

1. Swaddling - As Chuck put it, that would be his "worst nightmare." And I'm a person who likes my sheets tucked in, but the thought of having my arms tied down next to me all night gives me the creeps.

2. Bouncing - I get a sore neck just watching Ryker get bounced. We hold him under his arms, supporting his head with our pointer fingers, and bounce him until he calms down. Frequently he falls asleep.

3. Being "Farted" - Those who have witnessed us doing this to our poor kids can attest to the fact that you'd press charges against anyone who attempted this on you. But it works. For babies.

4. Diaper Cream - Gross.

5. Being Burped - So you're eating your dinner. It's yummy. You get a little sleepy because it's so darn good. Then all the sudden you're jolted awake, a cloth is thrown in your face and someone is whopping you on the back until you burp or throw up.

6. Goo Goo Gaa Gaa - I personally would hate it if everyone that met me got right up in my grill and made stupid noises until I lived up to whatever facial expectation they had of me.

7. Baby Carriers - This is a personal space issue for me. No matter how much I like someone, I just don't want to be strapped to them with my face pressed into their chest and my legs dangling under me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I never thought of how those things would seem to us as adults. Very funny.