Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Product Shout-Outs

I need to take a second to thank some products that have made our lives much easier the last week or so.

First, the Miracle Blanket. A friend of mine talked about it on her blog so we decided to try it (thanks to my mom for sending two our way). Ryker loves it! He pretty much falls asleep right away when I wrap him up, and he can't fight his way out. It's a loving, cozy little baby straight jacket.

Next, a pacifier. Okay, I know, I know. We're the only people on the face of the planet who haven't tried that. Jack hated them, so we didn't even think about it for Ryker. Then one day my finger got all pruny from letting Ryk have it, and half a dozen people asked why we hadn't done a pacifier, and presto - I went and bought some. Magic. Got him to sleep as I'm typing this.

On to Jack. He's been boycotting things recently - namely sleep, food and going to the bathroom. You know - nothing big or life-threatening. No products have solved the sleep thing, but the other two seem to be covered (thanks to my dad and brother)...Food was helped by the addition of new silverware. I had to use a picture from their website because we don't have one yet. Anyway, these speak for themselves.

And finally, the newest stuffed members of our family - Pee and Poop. These little guys made an immediate splash (I couldn't resist, sorry). Jack took them into the bathroom and explained to them how big kids go potty. It was adorable, and hysterical, and solved the problem immediately. It also has led to some pretty memorable quotes (see sidebar to the right).

Jack's gonna hate us when he's older and sees these pictures. Or when he can't go to the bathroom at college without taking Pee and Poop with him.

No comments: