Saturday, November 5, 2011

Reason #835 That My Mom Rules

Grandmommy is up here again, unplanned trip this time. She's here to help with the kids and the house because of my hobbled-ness. Chuck has a cold and I have a badly pinched sciatic nerve. The kids have nothing physically wrong with them, but are crazy-in-the-head and acting like trolls. Yes, I just called my kids trolls. Maybe it's the meds talking.

We should talk about the meds. They are, to borrow a phrase from a dear friend, "cray cray." At first I was on two muscle relaxers. The night-time one made me sleepy and I have taken that almost every night for the last 2-3 weeks. The daytime one I took only once, and it made me giggle a lot and twiddle my fingers in the air all the time. I stopped taking that one.

I also was prescribed Vicodin, which I swore I would not take. That was until Wednesday, when the pain got so bad I couldn't walk. Then Vicodin sounded downright fantastic. It afforded me a whole 90 minutes of sleep. Hooray!

Thursday I was prescribed steroids. I didn't get the pack until 7pm, so I had to take all 6 of the 1st day doses in a 3 hour period. I also took a Vicodin, and slept until 4:45am, when I woke up and was READY to GO. Only I hurt too much to do anything, so I sat there playing games on my phone, writing emails, watching tv, and listening to my kids wander around the house. Apparently they get up at 5 but whisper and tiptoe around until 6, when Jack declares "Ryker - we can wake up now!"

My mom came up yesterday to help, which is the best idea ever. Smart woman. Now I can rest and recover more quickly and the kids don't have to deal with my boredom- and pain-induced crankiness.

Now I must get back to my Lord of the Rings trilogy movie marathon.

3 comments:

BJ said...

Grandmommy to the rescue! She is awesome for sure. Get well soon and if you have any happy pills leftover please bring them to the Thanksgiving riot.

Nicki said...

I call dibs on leftovers!!!! I'll share just a little BJ, because I love you, but I'm definitely ready to be sent out of my mind. Let's GO! :)

KellyM said...

What makes you think they'll be any leftover happy pills? What the heck to you think is keeping me here???? :)