Monday, October 4, 2010

Things that Annoy Me at the Gym

Those of you that follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook, feel free to not read this. It will just reiterate what I've already said many times.

As you know, I am fully in love with the gym. I really am. I love it there, love how I feel while working out and when I'm finished. But there are things that I find myself being super annoyed at. I guess it's good that I'm focusing my annoyedness on the following instead of being mad at the actual workout, but still.

1. People being loud in the sauna. This happened today and was the inspiration for this Post-In-Which-I-Vent. This woman very loudly yawned over and over and over again. And then sighed deeply. And then yawned. And then cleared her throat. I don't want to talk to you. Stop trying to make me.
2. When people just wander around the gym, not doing anything.
3. People hitting on me in the locker room. I wish I was making this one up, but I'm not. It's happened at least 3 times.
4. When people pick the elliptical machine right next to me when there are a dozen other ones to pick from that don't have anyone on either side.
5. The music they play over the speakers. Seriously, it's like sleepy-time in there. NOT motivating.
6. When people talk on their cell phones while running or biking.
7. When people move around in the hot tub. Like, completely change places. I closed my eyes one time, just relaxing, and opened them to find the woman had moved half way around the thing, and closer to me.

Hmmm. I thought for sure I had more than 7. That's not too bad, I suppose. Here's hoping that this blog rids me of these annoyances.

3 comments:

Coolest people ever said...

Oh, I hate #4! That's my biggest gym pet peeve. If there are machines open, we all spread out. DUH. Come on people.

No hot tub or sauna at my gym, but #1 and #7 would both freak me out. And #3.

the fabulous Nikki B said...

I hate it when people talk in the saunas. It's my time to relax in there- I don't want to listen to you talk. But the worst is when sick people go into the steam room and are sniffling and hacking up a lung!

Amy said...

the worst is when people talk on their cell in the hot tub. Seriously? That is supposed to be the relaxing place!