Monday, June 14, 2010

My Neighborhood

I've written about my awesome, awesome neighbors, the Hayes'. I don't think I've written about the rest of the neighbors.

Like the neighbor with the chihuahua that won't shut up. I have never heard that dog bark during the day. Only at 10pm. And the dog doesn't just bark at a normal pace. He barks and then he stops barking and then he lulls you into thinking he's all done being pissy ... andthenhebarksandbarksandbarks ... and then he stops. Have you ever tried to fall asleep while a tiny dog taunts you? Sucks. (Okay, I don't really know if it's a chihuahua but that's what I imagine he is when I think of 101 ways to off him.)

There's a retired fire fighter who has had his house on the market for two years now, and who drinks really heavily, then picks fights about politics with anyone who is still up.

Then there is the man who wears tight jeans and a leather vest and drives a huge diesel truck. That wouldn't be that weird. Here's the weird part - he leaves his house (which everyone in a 20 mile radius can hear because of the ridiculously loud engine) and returns MAYBE three minutes later. What can you drive to, do something at, and drive back from in three minutes? And he does this multiple times every single day.

Oh, and how about the middle-aged couple that throws raucous parties 4 days a week? Have I mentioned them? Our backyards border each other, and shortly after we moved in they threw a party during which they put up a ladder and climbed to the roof. Actually, only the men-folk climbed up. They stood around, leaning on the chimney, and periodically yelled at the women-folk to toss them beers. And the women OBEYED! I don't know which behavior I was more appalled by.

I'll leave it there. It's a strange place sometimes, but I love it.

1 comment:

Bethk said...

I think the man in the tight pants leaves home, realizes his outfit is ridiculous and/or he doesn't have a wallet bc it wouldn't fit in the tight pants, then comes home to change and now include his wallet.

However, once home he forgets he was going to change bc the tight jeans have cut off all circulation to his brain, so he leaves again.

I am clearly fascinated by this man and his bad fashion.