Friday, June 18, 2010

And all at once...

...it came tumbling down. Or so it seems right now.

Chuck got laid off yesterday.

It's weird how you can leave the house in one position and come home in a totally different one. Or get over one major hurdle and think it's relatively clear sailing, just to have another one pop up.

So here we go.

We've done this before. Chuck was with a company that pretty much capsized. We made it through that, with my decently low non-profit salary. And we managed to keep putting money towards retirement through that. Chuck and I KNOW how to batten down the hatches.

Anyway, I'll keep this short. But any of you loyal readers out there who know of marketing or product management jobs, BOY have I got the BEST employee for YOU! And he's CUTE too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Chuck & Jamie,

I'm so sorry to hear the news. I'm not sure if there are really any marketing positions at Travelers, but I'm sure UnitedHealth Group does. If you see anything of interest there, let me know and I'll talk to my contacts.

Hang in there - please let me know what I can do to help.

Love you,
Lisa

Rachael Walker said...

Jamie and Chuck,

I am so sorry to hear this. Please let Scott know if there is anything that pops up at Target that Chuck is interested in. Also, please let me know if there is anything that you need--a babysitter for an evening or a dinner at our house and let the kids run around together? I am sending you lots of good thoughts.

Rach