Monday, August 10, 2009

He's Just Not That Into Me

I was (re)tucking Jack into bed last night and I told him that I love him very much. I told him never to forget that.

"I do forget that sometimes, when I'm at school."

How sad, I thought. My baby gets to school and thinks that I don't love him anymore!

"Well Jack, when you are at school, you just think about me and think 'Momma loves me very, very much.' Just keep thinking about that and think about me giving you a kiss and a hug and telling you how much I love you. Okay Bud, can you do that? Because I love you very much and I love you all the time, forever and ever."

He patiently listened to me rant and when I had stopped, he broke the news to me.

"Okay Momma, but I don't think about you while I'm at school."

3 comments:

Grandmommy said...

So much for you needing to feel badly about the tears at drop-off! :)

He's much too busy LEARNING!!! I'm always saying what a smart boy that grandson of mine is!

nikki b said...

Oh, Jack!

I'm sorry because I know that's kind of sad for you, but it made me laugh out loud!

Bethk said...

That is funny and sooo cute! First summer I went to camp, the letter I sent home was "Dear Mom and Dad, I don't miss you one bit. Love, Beth"

haha!

I think it means you're raising a little boy who can hold his own and like linda said is busy learning and making friends while he is away at school, and thats a GOOD thing :)