Monday, July 6, 2009

Ryk's First Haircut

I have a new obsession. It's cutting hair. Or really cutting and trimming anything in sight. It started when I began buzzing Jack's hair. That was really fun and oddly satisfying. You can see your progress and there is something fun and new and clean to look at when you are done. I moved on to mowing the lawn. This last weekend I graduated to cutting hair with scissors. Ryker was my guinea pig, mostly because he can't object yet. After three rounds of cutting his hair and Chuck telling me that I needed to put the scissors down, I did. And when I felt the urge to reach for them again I went instead for the pruning sheers and I gave haircuts to two Russian Sage plants, one Tina Crab tree and two birch trees in our yard. I don't recommend coming over to our house.

Here's the haircut in progress.

2 comments:

Bethk said...

the pic with the spray bottle is hilarious! it looks super cute though, love the faux hawk/rock star dancing pics.

Coolest people ever said...

You're brave. And clearly more talented in hair-cutting than me ... I tried valiantly to cut Buster's hair once when he was about 2 and it was a DISASTER. I took him to Great Clips to get it fixed and the lady was like, "It's okay, that happens. Just bring him straight to us next time."