Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Things I Love About Ryker at 10 Months

1. When he sees me come into daycare to pick him up, he squeals and pounds the floor with his hands.

2. When he's eating something he shouldn't be, like a rock or woodchips, and I say "no no Ryker - ick - don't eat that" he always smiles really broadly and proudly shows me whatever it was that he was eating.

3. He LOVES Jackson, and watching all of us dance.

4. He will still fall asleep in my arms while I'm feeding him at bedtime.

5. He is starting to have fun at the park - likes swinging and going down slides. And when you rest him at the top of the slide, he giggles and does his little scooting/slalom move to get to where he will actually slide down.

6. I love his pincer grip. He uses it on everything - food, clothing, accessories, rocks & woodchips (see above) and to hold each of my fingers one by one at bedtime.

7. His wookiee sound (still).

8. His nicknames: Wookiee, Ryk, Rykie Bike, Scooter, and Rock (given by a toddler at daycare who can't pronounce his full name).

9. His tongue. He plays with his front teeth, makes strawberry sounds, and sticks his tongue out. My two particular favorites - (a) he turned around at Bull Riding to see the kids behind us, then just stared at them while licking his lips, and (b) he does a Michael Jordan impersonation every time he is concentrating on doing something.

10. He gives open mouth kisses on your cheek or neck in the morning when you pick him up from his crib.

1 comment:

Grandmommy said...

I love the blog, but I can't WAIT to see him in person Friday!