Thursday, May 7, 2009

Awesomeness

Things that Jack has done recently that remind me how awesome he is:

1) He brought about half of his stuff animals into Ryker's room, saying that "he needs them more than I do."

2) He earned a treat the other night - a handful of Jelly Beans. He wanted to have a picnic with them, which means he wanted to eat them somewhere other than the kitchen island. Chuck and I weren't finished eating yet so I said that he could either eat them at the island, eat them somewhere else without us or wait. Not only did he wait patiently, he shared the Jelly Beans with us without us asking for them.

3) He told me he wanted to give food to the kids in Haiti.

4) He was riding down the street on his chopper with me pushing the stroller behind him when a car pulled onto our street far down the road. He pulled all the way over to the curb, stopped, and waited until the car had passed before continuing to ride.

5) He has conversations with adults all the time and asks what they are doing - and then he REALLY LISTENS. He's not just asking because he's heard that before and thinks he's supposed to. He asks because he really is interested in what people have to say.

6) Addendum to #5 - he approached a woman yesterday outside of daycare and had a long conversation with her about why she was in a wheelchair. He asked great questions and was a great listener. (And then he proceeded to ask everyone at my basketball game about their injuries, while giving them all the dandelions he had picked.)

3 comments:

Grandmommy said...

All I can say is.... EIGHT DAYS (but who's counting???)!! I miss him more than I can say - Ryker, too! (Oh, yes - you and Chuck, too!)

Coolest people ever said...

He's a keeper!

Bethk said...

What a smart and sweet pea he is. Love him!