Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No More Pity Party

I've been having a decent little pity party over here. On my list - illnesses for Chuck, Jack, and Ryker; lots to do at work; missing friends; and not getting to have a day alone with Chuck yesterday because we had to keep Ryker home with a fever.

But there's nothing like a good ol' fashioned inauguration to pull me out of it.

Illness at our house means fevers for which we can take Tylenol, strep for which we can get antibiotics. Lots to do at work means that I HAVE A JOB. And it's at a museum, for crying out loud. Missing friends means that I'm surrounded by love, and the friends aren't lost, just not going to be around me all day every day. Not getting to have a day alone with Chuck means that I have a person with whom I WANT to be alone, jobs that we GET to have a day off from.

I've led a priveleged life so far, and it's getting better each day. And now it's not just Chuck and me that will work hard for a better life for our boys - we have a President and administrative team that will do the same. Not only that, they'll hold them to a higher standard. They will lead by example.

I'm so proud and so humbled and so grateful to be reminded that my version of a pity party is so small in scale.

2 comments:

SueDres46 said...

I was on my way to bed when I saw your post....what a great way to end an absolutely perfect day!!! Hope your men are feeling better and that you don't get what they had. Happy Inaugural Day!!!

Coolest people ever said...

What a great perspective! I'll remember this post next time I have a pity party for myself. Which will probably in the next five minutes because work is stressing me out. But that means I HAVE a job to stress me out! See there, it's working already. :o)