Monday, July 7, 2008

Things I Forgot

Ryker is helping me remember the things I forgot about newborns...

1. How soft their skin is when they are first born.
2. How they can pee or poop on you without warning.
3. How warm they are.
4. How ferociously they look for food.
5. How they look like Bart Simpson being strangled when they cry.
6. How funny their facial expressions are.
7. How it's hard to take your eyes off of them.
8. How exciting it seems when you get 3 hours of sleep.
9. How cool it is when they study your face.
10. How soothing it is when they are asleep on your chest.

2 comments:

Coolest people ever said...

Aw, what a sweet picture! I can't wait to come visit and get my fix of all that newborn goodness. I'm still looking for a way to bottle the newborn baby neck smell.

Amy said...

Jamie and Chuck - Ryker is absolutely adorable! I hope you are all settling in okay, and that Ryker is letting you get a little sleep. What I remember most about the newborns is the "new baby" smell - particularly their heads. So sweet! Cant wait to see you all!