Monday, March 12, 2012

Concert

By a crazy twist of fate, I ended up with Lady Antebellum tickets, courtesy of Grandpa and Uncle Ry Ry. Jack and I suited up in our best (and only) cowboyish outfits and off we went.

Half of the adventure for Jack was just getting to the concert. He loved the parking garage, and finding the skyway, and walking THROUGH the skyway, and getting into Target Center, and up the escalator, and down the concourse, and to our seats. It was adorable how wide-eyed he was.

When we arrived, the first act had already played and they were setting up for the second act (the pre-headliner). Jack loved watching all the people, but was a little nervous. Then the lights went down and all the ladies started shrieking. That made him REALLY nervous. I had to lean over and explain that people yell and scream at concerts. He jumped every time. He also held my hand the entire time. =)

The second act was Darius Rucker, during which I kept going "I know this voice!!!" and then finally, like 10 songs into it, I realized that it was Hootie. Like, Hootie and the Blowfish. My mind was blown.

We took a break during Darius and went up to the concourse. The noise was bothering him. I bought him a huge box of M&Ms, which almost made him fall over. He professed his undying love for me, and then his gratefulness to Ry Ry and Grandpa for giving us these tickets. So sweet.

There was another break between Darius and Lady A. They played about 10 minutes straight of dance songs, and told the audience that the best two dancers would get to move down to the floor. Jack hopped up and danced his little heart out. It was awesome. The people around us noticed, and loved it, and commanded me to get him up on his chair so the cameras could see him. So we got him up there, and I danced right along with him, taking a short break to film a bit. By then, the other sections had started to notice him too, and were pointing and cheering and trying to get the cameras to see him. He loved it.

Awhile into Lady A I asked Jack if he was okay still, or if he wanted to go. He goes "I'm not sure if I feel fine." Ha! I had visions of him puking all over everything, so I got him up into the concourse. Turns out he was just thirsty.

Anyway, I had a great time. Jack had an even better time. =)

No comments: