Sunday, November 14, 2010

The iPhone Will Be the Death of My Parentdom

My two year old knows how to scroll through pictures, close out of Facebook and get into Talking Carl, close out of Talking Carl and get into Doodle Buddy, and shake the phone to make the screen clear.

As if that's not bad enough, I find myself having the following conversations:

Jack: "What are you playing?"
Momma: "It's called Angry Birds."
J: "What are you doing?"
M: "Ummm, well, I'm loading birds into this slingshot."
J: "And then what?"
M: "Well, I launch them at those sculptures over there."
J: "What are you trying to do?"
M: "Ummm...blow up those piggies?"

2 comments:

Nicki said...

OMG! THAT is soooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!! And the Ryk story is completely indicitive of what's happening in the world. 3 year olds will soon have their own iphones to play with. My friend Angie said that she went RETRO one night, put the phone down, and she, the hubby and kids played Monopoly. It was A Big Deal! How totally addicted are we, anyway? She only twitched 6 times wanting to reach for her phone.

KellyM said...

I have to plead guilty to at least part of Ryker's ease with which he handles the iPhone. He uses mine all the time. On mine he flips from the iPhotos two screens back to the kids' screen with all their apps - yeah, Doodle whatever and Talking Carl, etc. He loves them all. Soon he'll be able to solve the problems I keep having with my phone. He loves it much more than I do! Love, Grandmommy