Thursday, October 15, 2009

Birthday Presents

Today was my birthday. Here's how it went down.

I awoke to Jack whispering Happy Birthday to me. Then he went away and I faded back into sleep. I awoke again to him pushing a card into my face and turning on the light on my nightstand. The card had princesses on it and said Happy Birthday to the Prettiest Princess in the Land (it's at work so I can't remember the exact phrase, but that's pretty close). He had written his numbers in it. And it had glitter.

I went to work and figured my coworkers would forget my birthday because it's a CRAZY busy time right now. So I was prepared. But I got in and they immediately swarmed and brought in pastries and sang to me. They fed me lunch as well, and a cupcake for dessert. Several tried to boost my immune system as well, which is sweet (several packets of Emer-gen-c, cough drops, etc.). I think they really don't want me bailing on our big Gala this weekend.

On my way out of the museum I stopped by the event that was going on and was toasted by a few colleagues and given a sip of Vodka (hard-core coworkers).

Then I came home and Jack made me a few art projects and talked about my birthday a lot. Ryker fell asleep while I was putting him to bed, so I got to rock him and hold him and cuddle.

I just ordered some yummy Italian food and am watching reality TV and am, in general, a happy happy camper.

Thanks to all for making my day a great one.

2 comments:

KellyM said...

Sounds pretty much like the sort of birthday you deserve! A happy day - beginning and ending with your happy family - is the best present in the world, isn't it? Much love, Mommy (who celebrates this day and Jan 29th each year, too!)

BJ said...

Excellent day! Happy Birthday Jamie and love from BJ & Charlie