Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

If Ryker could talk, he'd say he was thankful for people making eye contact with him, for his swaddle blanket (still), for his pacifier, for windows and mirrors, and most of all for his big brother.
Jack, who CAN talk but clearly is still missing the concept of Thanksgiving, told me he's thankful for his tools and for blueberry muffins. Once he was sleepy and cuddly he told me he was thankful for "all deez people."

Chuck and I have a slightly larger, deeper* list. We're thankful that we have two healthy, happy kids. (In particular I'm thankful that the scoop chose to miss Jackson's eyeball.) We're thankful for our families and for the memories of those who are no longer with us. We're thankful for our home, our jobs, our friends, and each other.
(*Chuck's shallower list includes our new TV, his iPod, and his tools - including his new flexible bit extension. My shallower list includes our new TV, chocolate, our fireplace, Bob Shieffer, my gift card to DSW that I still haven't spent, and coffee. Said TV, family, children, iPod, and fireplace can be seen below.)
We're very lucky people. Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Coolest people ever said...

Great pics! My camera battery was dead from vacation, so I have like two whole pictures of Thanksgiving this year. Oh well!

I suspect Ryker would also say he's thankful for boobies.

Bethk said...

aww, I can't wait to see you all again in less than a month. I'm thankful for you guys! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love ALL the pictures, but especially the one of Grandmommy holding Ryker!! That's my favorite part of being a grandma, holding a sleeping (or almost sleeping) baby!! I don't get to do it much any more, but Landon humored me this weekend and let me do it right before Thanksgiving Dinner!! :)