Saturday, June 16, 2012

Shopping

I posted part of this on Facebook, but I'll do it again because is was THAT good.

Last night I got home before Chuck and the boys. They came running in -- Jack first, waving $15 in the air; Ryker following, wearing shoes, a tshirt and an oversized sweatshirt. No pants.

Jack screams "I got $15!!!!" and Ryker screams "I'm not wearing any PANTS!!!"

I got Ryk into pants, verified that Jack came by that money honestly, and we headed off to Target to SPEND IT! I remembered that Grandmommy had given Ryker $3 during a recent visit, so I gave that to him to spend too.

We spent 20 minutes in the dollar section picking 3 items. Ryker emerged with a squishy ball, a Superman book and a pack of Airheads.

Jack picked another Pokemon set. He's obsessed. It cost $20 but he told me he brought an additional $5 of his money to cover it. (The $15 was a graduation present from his former preschool teacher. He's back there this summer.)

We got to the 10 Items or Less check out lane and Jack wanted to be rung out separately. Fine. Ryker and I stepped up. I had added a few items, because who can go to Target and NOT come out with a piece of clothing and a new sheet set? Honestly...

So anyway, I tried to convince Ryker to give ME his $3 so I could pay with a credit card. He thought I was scamming him and refused, so the nice checkout man said he'd take the $3 and put the rest on the card. Ryker proudly handed over his money, and then asked him where it went and kept asking him for it back. We got all checked out, so it was Jack's turn.

By now we have a half a dozen people queued up behind us. Jack's total was $21. He put the $15 in cash out there, then dumped $4 and something in change on the counter. The line of people cracked up (some rolled their eyes but I chose to ignore them). He only had a total of $19 and I only had a one dollar bill and a twenty. So I handed over the twenty and the dude gave us change and I made the kids say sorry to the line and thank them for their patience, and off we went.

Just another Friday.

4 comments:

the fabulous Nikki B said...

Did we ever find out WHY Ryker wasn't wearing any pants??

KellyM said...

I'm wondering the same thing, Nikki! I know the kids ditch their socks everywhere they can - but pants? LOL...I have to hear this one!

BethK said...

I know!! Why no pants?? I love that THAT wasn't the story. Hilarious. Also once I was babysitting a little girl who convinced me to walk her up to Walgreens where she bought a toy with pennies and nickels. Goooood times.

Jamie said...

Ha!

Sorry!

He had wet his pants and I cannot seem to keep them fully stocked with underwear and shorts, so they put an oversized sweatshirt on him because it was at the end of the day.

See? Not nearly as funny as leaving that part out. Poetic license.